Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 Review

Splinter In My Soul, Paint horse gelding
Sm. G2 Stockhorse repainted by me
As seen in this post, my goals for 2014 were as follows:

- Attend at least one liveshow.
- Obtain some of my "to be portrait" models.
- Get my RC Mini Haggis and RC Bruno painted.
- Paint some of my poor naked horses.
- Obtain at least one horse for my Strapless conga.
- Get started showing with the IMEHA
- Finish my website
- Organize my pedigrees
- Keep blogging

Let's see how I did:

- I did attend a liveshow in May and I enjoyed it very much! I would've loved to attend more but with limited funds, studying and work I couldn't.
- I did manage to obtain, not one, but two, "to be portrait" models. An Eberl Elsa and a Kandinsky Dino. Elsa.
- I didn't get my Mini Haggis or Bruno painted but at least I got Haggis prepped and primed.
- I did paint a few of my poor naked models, as you can see in this post.
- Unfortunately I was unable to obtain a horse for my Strapless conga.
- I did get started showing with the IMEHA, and I absolutely love it! It's great fun and my models have actually done quite well over the months.
- I didn't finish my website with pictures as I had no opportunity to take any. 
- I decided to save our trees and instead of organizing all my pedigrees in a binder I decided to organize them on my external hard-drive but I'm not finished.
- I managed to keep the blogging up fairly good. I posted 4 or more posts 9 months of the year so I'm quite happy actually :)

I managed to achieve 5 goals out of 9 and I'm happy about that :)

I didn't do a whole lot of model horse buying in 2014 but higher rent and a long-distance relationship kind of makes hobby funds scarce but I'm still very happy with my 2014 haul.

1 painted resin horse, Unnamed Tivoli resin
2 unpainted resin horses, Rose Tiny and Eberl Elsa
2 unpainted resin dogs, Kandinsky Dino and Sarah
A few original finish models I won at a show
And of course I have another "to-be-portrait" model with a prepper. Can't wait for him to arrive :)

Adria, Abaco-Barb mare
Sm. G2 Paso Fino repainted by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment