Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Destiny

Happily residing at my bookshelf.
In the middle of December a fellow Swedish collector approached me, asking If I would like to buy her Breyer traditional Headley Britannia on the Strapless mold. She knows I am very fond of the Strapless mold and she also remembered that I said I wanted one for my collection when I saw hers at a liveshow. How could I say no to such an offer, especially at a very good price?

The bookshelf is only a temporary home for her as I will bring her with me next time I go home so that she can reside among my other Strapless horses in my glass cabinet.  
So a little over a week ago she arrived. She had one tiny eartip rub and an equally tiny hoof rub, they were barely noticeable and nothing that will prevent her from showing as she is otherwise in great condition with beautiful shading. She also had few tiny black specks on her offside barrel but those disappeared with a little water.

She was quite hard to photograph even in natural light since the natural light here has been bad for a while with pretty much grey sky and lots of rain or snow making outdoor photos a no and indoor pictures bad... 
Her former name was Emerentia and she showed as an angloarabian. Quite successful too, as she has been class winner more than once, and also, as seen here, she was crowned Best original finish European.

I think she'll have a successful show career and I am lookng forward to getting some good showphotos of her, and of course to bring her to a liveshow :)

I plan to show her as a Swedish warmblood, probably with some thoroughbred influences, and her new name will be Destiny.

I really love her colouring! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment