Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Generosity

A little over a week ago, me and my boyfriend met with a fellow hobbyist as she is doing some restoration work on a sculpture my boyfriend owns. We got to see some of her collection and it was amazing.

She gifted me a lovely CollectA Friesian customized into a unicorn. This guy is incredible, I do have a few fantasy models but they are not normally something I collect but this guy is a definite competitor for the spot favourite fantasy model of my collection!


His pattern is inspired by koi fishes and he looks absolutely incredible!


I tried really, really had to find a name for him. Since he is inspired by koi fishes I wanted him to have a Japanese name and I didn't want to be too obvious and go for Koi. So I started searching. Japanese is not an easy language as I have no idea how the grammar works or pretty much any thing to do with Japanese. But after some searching I decided on the name Kanyou, from my research I found out that it is supposed to mean forbearance, tolerance and generosity.


I found this model really inspiring and one day I would like to make him sort of a diorama with a small pond (maybe even with a koi fish or two swimming in it) and a Sakura tree.


I am very happy for this guy and I am very thankful to my fellow hobbyist who gifted him to me. I love him!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment