Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Colour variation

Strapless has been a favourite model of mine for quite some time, actually, I think I've wanted one since I saw her in the Breyer catalog from her release year. It took me several years to track down one down and buy it, and unfortunately, she has quite a few marks and scratches which prevents her from doing good in liveshows. 

Recently a fellow Swedish collector was selling hers so I saw my chance to "upgrade" to a better one and use my old one as a body.

She arrived today and she's in really good condition (only a few minor shiny marks and a tiny pin point mark on one ear tip).


But the thing I noticed with her was that she seemed lighter than I expected.


So of course I had to bring out my other Strapless to compare.


Here they are, side to side, the one I had from before is the one in the red halter. The new one has a lighter face and neck than my old one.


The light and these photos are not great but you can see a bit of a difference between the two. The white on the left foreleg is also not identical.


I thought it was fun to see how different they actually looked when compared. My old one is a later one in the run (numbered at 7400 something) and the new one is an earlier one in the run (numbered at 500 something) so that might have something to do with the difference.


Anyway, I have come to love my dark Strapless very much (despite her flaws) and as the new Strapless wasn't as dark as I had expected I have decided that I'll keep them both as is as I can't make myself repaint a model in such a good condition (the new one) and as I am very fond of the dark colour of my old one I couldn't let the lighter one replace her. So now I have two Strapless models in my conga 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment