Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Grail of Grails

I am almost speechless at the moment. The day I didn't think would come is here. After years of admiring him from afar he now resides in my modelhorse cabinet. This model as been my absolute grail of all grails since I laid my eyes on him and apparently my patience finally paid off!

I do still have 2 payments left to make on him before he is really mine but the seller (who I've bought several model from before) kindly allowed me to bring him home with me from the show last weekend as she'd rather not trust the Swedish postal system.

Some of you might have already guessed what model it is.

It is the incomparable El Embosco painted by Morgan Kilbourn and painted by Ed Gonzales. His name is Sahale J and he is shown as a mustang stallion.


My pictures does not do him justice as he is so amazingly detailed and beautifully painted the camera just can't capture all of it! 


Everytime I look at him I see details and things that I haven't noticed before.


 I can't believe how lucky I am to finally have this model in my collection. I can't thank his former owner enough for allowing me to buy him.


I am at a loss of words and I just so happy about this guy that I'll just end this post with a few more photos of him 😊


 




No comments:

Post a Comment