Saturday, August 26, 2017

Liveshow Report Part 2: Vintage

Models made before 2007 had a show of their own. The Vintage show. Some of the models shown were made several years before I was born and they still look great! I don't have a whole lot of vintage models as I haven't been in the hobby for that long and I tend to prefer the newer models. That being said, there were still several that I wouldn't mind bringing home with me!

I had a total of 6 vintage models to show. The oldest made in 2002 or 2003. 

As usual we started the show with the foals. I surprised myself by having three foals to show. The did okay placing second, fourth and fifth in their class. Chance, who placed second in the class surprised me by claiming the champion reserve title (poor girl doesn't get out to shows that often) behind an incredibly detailed prancing foal.

Champion Foal: Busta Move, Sm. Prancing Foal rep. D. Capwell
Champion Foal Reserve: Chance, Sm. Scrambling Foal cm T. Wolmer 
Arabians were up next and I actually had one to show. She rarely gets out to shows as she might not be the best conformation wise but I think she's absolutely adorable anyway. She had quite tough competition and I wasn't surprised that she placed last in her class. The Championship title was claimed by a beautifully painted Proud Arabian Mare with an awesome customized Swaps as reserve. I really like Swaps customized into an Arabian and that one is really nice (he could come live with me if he wanted 😉)!

Champion Arabian (right): Ahvaz Lyra, PAM cm K. Gerhardt
Champion Arabian Reserve (left): Ahvaz Fateh, Swaps cm S. Nordström
The stockhorse championship had some really nice models in it. One of my absolute favourite vintage models showed in this division and managed to claim the champion reserve title. I am not a fan of the Stud Spider mold but that model is another one that would be very welcome to come live with me 😊. The champion was a beautifully painted and hair Ideal Stock Horse.

Champion Stockhorse: R. Frosted Robin, PS ISH rh F. Cohen
Champion Stockhorse Reserve: R. Poco Leo Chex, Stud Spider rrh Elaine Lindelef
The Riding- and Carriagehorse championship was not very big but there were some really nice horses shown. My dear Madonna made me proud and took first in her class and went on to claim the reserve champion title behind a dapple grey Andalusian.

Champion Riding- and Carriagehorse: Legendario, AA mini Andalusian rep. S. Nordström
Champion Riding- and Carriagehorse Reserve: Madonna, Sm. G2 ASB rep. C. Johansson
In the pony championship it was the day of the grey welshes as both the champion and reserve was grey welshes. There were also a riding pony, dartmoor, shetland and another welsh in the championship.
Champion Pony: Nebulosa, Breyer Cl. QH Stallion rh LMS Remaking
Champion Pony Reserve: Star's Perfect Pitch, Cl. Arabian Stallion rrh S. Nordström
The wild- and crossbreds championship offered a nice mix of mustangs, polo ponies and different crossbreds. A really cool draftcross with amazing blue eyes was crowned champion with a nice bay mustang as reserve.

Champion Wild- and Crossbreds (right): TS Bonnie Bluebelle, Tr. Clydesdale Mare rrh M. Spinella
Champion Wild- and Crossbreds (left): Llaqtaymanta, Tr. Indian Pony rep. S. Nordström
The other Equus championship was really, really small with only one entrant so naturally, he was crowned champion.

Champion Other Equus: Lillen, Unknown Porcelain rep. S. Nordström
Champion Other Equus Reserve: -
Drafthorses were up after the other Equus and in this championship one of the "vintage legends" showed. He also proved he is still going strong by claiming the champion reserve title behind a lovely dapple grey mare.

Champion Drafthorse: Rumneyhill Victoria, Breyer Clydesdale mare rrh S. Nordström
Champion Drafthorse Reserve: Simmerl, Breyer Clydesdale Mare rrh M. Baumann
I'm not sure how it happened but I managed to miss out on photographing the champion of the sporthorse championship! I can't believe it! I think I might have been too busy checking them out on the judges table and then somehow forgot to take pictures of them. Anyway the champion was a really great custom of the breyer trakhner with a really cool Hanoverian custom as reserve.


Champion Sporthorse (top photo): Amantus VS, Breyer Trakhner rrh D. Capwell
Champion Sporthorse Reserve (bottom photo): TS Vino Tinto, Breyer Hannoverian cm M. Spinella 
After a tough voting the sporthorse champion was voted Best In Show with the stockhorse champion as Best in Show Reserve.

Best in Show Vintage: Amantus VS
Best in Show Vintage Reserve: R. Frosted Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment