Thursday, June 22, 2017

Too optimistic?

I'm a slow painter, I know I am but still I somehow always think that I'll have time to finish a horse for a show I'm going to. This time I might have been a bit too optimistic. In exactly a month I am going to a liveshow and as I usually do, I decided to paint some new horses to bring with me. Usually I settle for one or two (and usually I end up not finishing in time...) but this time I have 9(!) horses I want to have finished by the show. That is probably close to impossible for me. I didn't manage to finish my NaMoPaiMo in a month and the fastest I have ever painted a model that I was satisfied with was 13 days. But one can always hope! I'll sure do my best 😊


My mini Hazel is almost ready for paint, she needs a few more coats of primer. She will (hopefully) be a dapple bay Cleveland Bey.


Gabriel also needs a few more coats of primer before painting. He'll be a black Friesian when done.


Last one who is still in the priming stages is the AA Welsh Sec C that I fixed some time ago. The plans is to paint him buckskin. We'll see how that turns out. I have only ever painted 1 buckskin and that does not exist anymore due to it being a terrible stark yellow buckskin with bad shading.


CollectA Hanoverian Stallion nr. 1 will be a dark reddish chestnut with no markings. He's had a base coat in acrylics and a few coats of pastels so far.


Moxie has had an acrylic base coat and one layer of pastels.


My plan is to make her a dappled palomino overo but I've not done a whole lot of dapples and only two palominos (in my early painting days).


WIA Bella Rose nr. 1 will be a dark bay/brown and so far she's had an acrylic base coat and a few layers of pastels.


CollectA Hanoverian nr. 2 will be a buckskin going grey, or atleast that's the plan. Hopefully it'll turn out the way I plan 😊.


WIA Bella Rose nr. 2 is planned to be a bay leopard/semi-leopard knabstup mare. I have never done that before so it'll be fun to see the outcome (if I ever get her finished!)


The CollectA Pinto mare will be a bay/dark bay when finished.

At the moment I have already encountered quite a problem. I'm pretty much out of Dullcote and I can't get a hold of anymore at the moment! 😞 I am able to get a hold of Krylon matte so I'll have to give that a try. Anyhow it won't arrive until next week! That means that my days off of work won't do me any good on the painting front...

Wish me luck 😊

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'll be very impressed if you can get through half of those :) I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, so will I :) At the moment it doesn't look too promising but I still got some time left :)

    ReplyDelete