Sunday, May 21, 2017

Resin, porcelain and OSC Division

Just like the Plastic division, the resin division started with the foalies! I thought there were less foals than usual, only two classes. I only had my dear Helios (RC Oliver rep. S Kern) to show in this championship and he managed to win his class but was beaten in the championship voting by the foals claiming first and second place in the Thoroughbred foal class. The champion foal was a beautiful porcelain model. I usually don't like porcelain models (too glossy and fragile for my taste) but this little darling was absolutely adorable! So was the reserve, such a tiny, adorable little baby.

Champion Foal: BBA Scottish Starshine, Rosenthal OF
Champion Foal Reserve: Salix Caprea, RC Very Little One rep. S. Nordström
Next up was Arabians and once again I only had one horse to show. There were some really, really good Arabians at the show so my only hope was that my dear Athame (AA Sabiha ret.) would place in her class to earn a qualification card. She was announced winner of the class and I was really, really pleased to see. When it was time for the champion voting I didn't pay much attention as I was pretty sure on what model would claim the championship title. So when Athame claimed the champion title I was stunned! Her reserve was the model I was certain would claim the champion title. Athame has always been a "hit or miss" model when I take her to shows. Some judges love her and then she places quite well and some judges just don't like her and then she usually places last or next to last. I, however, am thrilled with her and she is one of my most beloved models.

Champion Arabian: Athame, AA Sabiha ret.
Champion Arabian Reserve: Ahvaz Aslan, RC Khemosabi rep. S. Rhodes
After Arabians, it was time for drafters. I had three models to show and all of them had a really bad day. AR Brigadör (MM Brigadier rep. A. Gustafsson), Brego (Mini Haggis rep. by me) and Humla (RC Mara rep. S. Tostanoski) all placed dead last in their classes. The winners of the classes were very worthy and the champion titles went to a couple of beautiful models. I especially like the dapple grey Scarlet.

Champion Drafter: Geraldine, RC mini Scarlet rep. P. Lawson
Champion Drafter Reserve: Dark Shadow, Eberl Adonis rep. P. Lawson
Fortunately for me I had 5 ponies in the next championship and some of them did a bit better. Epsilon (NL New Forest OF) and If I Could Dream (HA Misty Dawn rep. A. Gustafsson) got last in their respective classes. Bellini of Decorima (Lakeshore Houdini OF) and Lady Louisa (RC Pasha rep. S. Nordström) got third and fourth in the riding pony class. The winner of the class was my Tivoli resin painted by A. Dionne, Maverick. I think he makes an adorable pony and I love his paintjob. Maverick went on to the championship voting and managed to claim the reserve title after an adorable Russtic resin shown as a Gotland pony.

Champion Pony: Midas, RC Russtic rep. P. Nilsson
Champion Pony Reserve: Maverick, RC Tivoli rep. A. Dionne
In the next championship, which was the Riding- and Carriage Horse championship, I had no horses to show. I really need to get some of my unpainteds painted so that I can enter next year. Anyway this championship was tough and diverse. Andalusians, Icelandic horses, Friesians, Morgans, Peruvian Pasos and more breeds showed in this championship. In the end a gorgeous Andalusian went on to become champion with a Marwari as reserve.

Champion Riding- and Carriage Horse: El Salvaje, RC Veroccio rep. L. Lawrynovicz
Champion Riding- and Carriage Horse: Sindhurakshak, RC Mini Marwari rep. S. Nordström
In the next championship I had some of my best show horses and they did quite well! Chester VS (Eberl Caitano rep. S. Nordström) placed second in his class. Belize (Eberl Genoveva rep. S. Nordström) took first in her class as did Fallen Hero (RC Valor rep. N. Söhn) in his. Lost All Hope (Kitty Didit rep. L. Lawrynovicz) got last place in her class. They weren't able to claim any of the champion titles but Fallen Hero was crowned Best Thoroughbred and won me some nice prizes 😊. The champion was a model I wouldn't mind owning. His colour is really nice and the model is also really nice.

Champion Sporthorse: Citat VS. Eberl Firenze rep. D. Brown
Champion Sporthorse Reserve: Hamlet CH, HA Meridian rep. S. Nordström
Stockhorses were up next after the sporthorses. I had two stockhorses to show and they got second (Wherever You Go, RC Quintessance rep. by me) and last place (Shot In The Dark, RC Bat Girl rep. by me) in their classes. There were only three classes in this championship but it was tough classes with a lot of nice models. A familiar face claimed the champion title with a cute quarter mare as reserve.

Champion Stockhorse: R. Dirty Cash, RRQH #1 Carol Williams
Champion Stockhorse Reserve: Working Class Girl, RC Working Girl rep. L. Bickford
The wild- and crossbred championship was really small and was won by another familiar face. I will never ever stop admiring that model! The details on him are amazing and he is such a beauty. The reserve was another really nice mustang with really cool coloring.

Champion Wild- and Crossbred: Sahale J, RC El Embosco rep. E. Gonzales
Champion Wild- and Crossbred Reserve: Hope, RC Sophie rep. P. Nilsson
Last championship in the division was other Equus. Mules and donkeys are not a big part of my collection but that doesn't mean that I don't love to watch the cute little critters in the showring. The champion title went to an adorable donkey female and the reserve went to a mule male.

Champion Other Equus: Lotta, RC Marcimello rep. S. Nordström
Champion Other Equus Reserve: Alfons, RC Hey Mule rep. C. Jolly
When it came down to the Best in Show voting it was tough to decide on a winner as they were all very worthy. In the end the Best in Show and reserve title went to two of my favourites of the show. I like both models but out of the two, my vote was on the mustang 😉

Best In Show: Citat VS
Best In Show Reserve; Sahale J

No comments:

Post a Comment