Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Trying something new

Yes my pastels and fixative arrived at the end of last week and now I've finally had time to try them out :) I haven't had the time to do more than 4 layers at the most but at the present I must say that I like to work with them. And it feels good to see some colours on the horses that have been naked for quite some time. I have more victims volunteers on the shelf but I try not to work on to many at a time :) So here the three first model horses I've ever started in pastels:

This is Ofelia, she will be a light, flaxen chestnut when finished. She has had 4 layers of pastels at this state.

This girl is currently unnamed but she will be a palomino with white mohair. At this stage she has had one layer of pastels.

This little guy is unnamed and will be bay when finished. He'll probably be a piece of a diorama of some sort, one day at least :) He has had 4 layers of pastels.
They still have lots of work left before they're finished but it is some sort of progress and I try to work on them between studies and stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment