Thursday, July 23, 2020

Fantasy

Long time no see. I haven't been posting here in quite a while because to be honest, I haven't been doing too good. This year has taken a huge toll on me on the personal plane (and that is without considering anything covid-19 related). It is only lately that things are starting to look a bit better and I am also starting to feel a little bit better. I have quite a bit to post about so expect several posts in the near future. And hopefully I will keep doing better and keep up with posting here.

Anyway enough of the serious stuff. Early in the year, before everything took a turn for the worse I actually managed to finish a couple of horses that have been in progress for a little while.

They are both fantasy pieces and it has actually been quite fun just letting go and play with the colours. First up is Leptailurus. A G3 Arabian Unicorn that I repainted to a silver grey with black markings inspired by the serval, a beautiful animal I had the pleasure of seeing during my stay in South Africa.


I am quite pleased with how he turned out.


I don't do a whole lot of fantasy models but I do have a couple more in the works.


I really like the colour gradient in the mane and on the body. I also like his black nose, painted that way to resemble the serval nose.


The other horse I finished is Tigros. A Stablemate G2 Drafter Unicorn, painted in white with a light creme shading, light golden mane, tail and feathers and darker golden stripes, inspired by a tiger.


I do love cats, in all forms, and the great big cats are very inspiring animals so it is fun to be able to incorporate that in my painting.


My next two fantasy pieces are inspired by the jaguar and the cheetah. I don't know when they will be finished but I think these four will look really cool together on the shelf. So far Leptailurus is my favourite, even though I am quite happy with Tigros as well, I am more partial to silver than gold and I think that might play a part.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is the serval one. That is one of the best predator-to-equine designs I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete