Monday, May 20, 2019

Another Totilas

Shortly after I bought my Totilas by Deb Brown I saw an in progress picture of another Totilas, this time painted by Julie Ward. I really liked the look of him but thought that he was a commission or already sold as it seemed he got quite the bit of attention.


Sometime later I happened to stumble across an ebay auction from the same painter and thought I'd check what else she had for sale.


Lo and behold among her auctions were the gorgeous chestnut Totilas with the intriguing facial markings.

I decided to put in a bid for him and I ended up winning the auction. He arrived a few days ago and thankfully, he was safe as the box had gotten quite a bit of dents, probably from being dropped, having something heavy dropped on top of the box or some very rough handling either by machine or by hand.


He has a really, really lovely colour, gorgeous details, like shoes and nail heads, gorgeous eyes and hooves.


I will show him as a Trakhener stallion named Lexus, and hopefully he can get to his first show next weekend!


I am very happy to have this guy in my collection and in a matter of a few short weeks, I have gone from owning no Totilas models to now have two. I wonder if this might be the start of a small conga, as I still want one in original finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment