Friday, September 21, 2018

Akelei

Long time no see. Work has kept me very busy since my last post and it has taken its toll on me so I have been neglecting the blog for a while. But that doesn't mean that nothing has happened with the models. I have recently acquired a new face for the herd and worked on some small projects that will be shown in another post.

My new addition is another Eberl Warmblood, this is Akelei. If you haven't noticed by now, I have quite an obsession with Eberl models, especially her Warmbloods. This model was a bit of an impulse buy but when she showed up in a model horse sales group at pretty much body price I tried to resist, but obviously, failed. 


She had two broken ears (well one and an eartip) and a broken leg but I thought that it would be possible to fix without destroying the paintjob which seemed pretty nice.


I am not completely sure who painted her (she's not signed) but thanks to some kind people on a facebook group I might have found her painter (I am waiting for confirmation from her).


Her colour is really nice even though her prep work might not be perfect in all spots and there are a few small areas in the paintjob that is not completely smooth. But I really, really like her shade of chestnut and that irregular blaze is adorable!


So if I can get in touch with her painter and get permission, I will have her restored (which is my hope as she is quite charming).


1 comment: