Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Show Report Part 3: Bendable Customs, Fantasy, Colour Show and Breakables

Bendable customs got their own show, and it's always amazing to see what people manages to make out of these bendy ponies! The show was divided into 7 classes depending on make and gender.I showed 6 horses in 4 different classes. Some did better then others, Tess (Schleich Trakhener Foal rep. T. Wolmer) got first in the foal class, as did Valencia (CollectA Pinto Pony rep. by me) in the CollectA mares class. Tinkerbelle (Safari Toob Pony rep. by me), Dakota (WIA Bella Rose rep. by me) and Serafina (Safari Toob pony rep. by my boyfriend) showed in the Other Bendable Mares class and took second, fourth and last. My last horse Avatar (CollectA Hanoverian Stallion rep. by me) took third in the other Bendable Stallions class. In the end the intricately painted Walkaloosa mare Spotted Midnight was voted Best in Show (this horse is amazing!). As Reserve another really nicely painted model was chosen, the Irish Cob, Merlin.

Best in Show: Spotted Midnight, Safari LTd TWH rep. S. G. Necco
Best in Show Reserve: Merlin, Safari Gypsy Vanner cm. T. Wolmer
As I have stated several times, I am not a really a fantasy collector, and it showed as that was probably the only show were I didn't enter a single model. I still drooled over some of the nice models there and I actually think that there will be a few more fantasy models in my collection in the future as they are quite cool. The classes of the show ranged from decorators, to unicorns, hell horses, pegasi, skeletons, vampires and even a hippogriff! In other words, a very diverse show with several good models! In the end a really cool unicorn was voted Best in Show with a Sugar Skull decorator as Reserve (the details on this one was really well done!)

Best in Show: Alcyone, Safari Unicorn cm T. Wolmer
Best in Show Reserve: Dia De Muertos, PS Chips Friesian pb K. Persson
A recurring element at this show is it's colour shows. Each year, a certain colour is picked for the colour show. This year it was all about the shimmering greys! This works as you enter greys and at the day of the show all the greys are put at a table and grouped into light, medium and dark. Then two judges judged each class. And then at the   callback table all got to vote. I only brought two greys as I don't have that many but both of them managed to place! I think in total there where around 30 greys on the table. Both of my greys were classed as medium greys and got first (El Salvaje) and third (Epsilon) in the class. In the end El Salvaje managed to be voted Best in Show with the winner of the dark grey class as reserve.

Best in Show: El Salvaje, RC Verrochio rep. L. Lawrynovizc
Best in Show Reserve: Thorsten, CMG Oberon by S. Rose
My one and only porcelain model (so far), Bellini of Decorima (Lakeshore Houdini OF) was shown in the Breakables show and surprisingly managed to claim a second place in the class! I once again drooled over several nice porcelain models and the winners were very worthy! You might have seen one of them before, and the other one is the illusive Brookside Idyll, who was missing from the photo of the Open Halter Pony Championship!

Best in Show: Thorsten, CMG Oberon by S. Rose
Best in Show Reserve: Brookside Idyll, AAA Hackney OF
Next up is Bantam/Micro Minis, Original Finish models and Vattenpasset.

No comments:

Post a Comment