Friday, December 13, 2013

Performance plans Justin Tyme



1. Analyze your horse.
My horse is a Justin Tyme resin. I will show him as a Warmblood, probably with some Thoroughbred influences. He is in a lovely jumping pose (oh yes, I'm definitely biased =P). He has an unbraided mane and an unbraided tail. So, as for performance possibilities he pretty much needs something to jump over.

2. Find some ideas and/or inspiration.
Oh, I already have all the inspiration I need =) At least for a cross country set up :) I have plans to show him in other disciplines as well; show jumping and probably something else that my imagination can come up with =P But that will have to wait for later. Cross country first!



Photobucket
(C) by Sophie Nordström

I've always loved the rolex water jump at cross country competitions and I was inspired by that jump when I made my stablemate cross country set up. I want to make that into a traditional scale jump! Not exactly the same but similar to it at least =)

3. Search for reference material.
I need a saddle, a bridle, boots, breastplate and martingale. A rider with light breeches and dark long sleeved sweater, jumping boots, helmet, safety vest, a crop and maybe a pair of spurs. For the jump I'll need a base, preferably a plastic tray so that I can use the solid water. A piece of wood to make the "height" to jump from. Some round rods to make a jump and the front end of the "height". Some balsa wood to make the flags.

4. Make a list!
Bell boots
Saddle pad

English jumping saddle
Figure-8 bridle
Jumping boots
5-point breastplate
Running martingale
Rider - with safety vest and helmet
Jump - with flags

5. Start making/looking.
Then we come to the really funny part! Start making things or if you can't make'em by yourself, find someone who can :)

I've already gotten some awesome accessories for him =D
 


No comments:

Post a Comment