Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Gifts Part 4 - finished and gifted

I managed to finish the medallions in time! Their new owners loves them and I am quite happy with them too as they are the first "models" I've finished in quite some time (and they're probably my best to this day). They are finished in acrylics and pastels and I found that I really like that combination so I am looking forward to finish some more models :)

E's medallion, I call it "Never Give Up" and that is written as a reminder on the back of the medallion. It is a semi-portrait of an Arabian gelding she leased (the mare) and the youngster she worked with at our school (the foal). 

J's medallion, I call it "Believe In Yourself" and that is written as a reminder on the back of the medallion. The mare is painted as a portrait of a mare she took care of for several years. The foal is a bit of an inside joke. She thought about breeding the mare and she said she wished for a bay mare with little white if she would breed her but we joked and said that she would get a chestnut stallion with lots of white. She never got around to breeding her but the chestnut colt thing still lingers on as an inside joke.

Out of all the horses on these medallions my absolute favourite is the chestnut foal. I just love how the shade of chestnut, the shading and the markings came out and worked together. I might be a bit biased to chestnut horses but that also makes me a bit picky with how they look and I am so proud that I could produce a chestnut that I really loved :)
 
M's medallion, I call it "Follow Your Dreams" and that is written as a reminder on the back of the medallion. Is painted as a portrait of her current warmblood gelding (the mare) and her pony (the foal).
 
These medallions were wonderful to paint, I enjoyed pretty much every minute! They weren't that easy to paint, it was actually quite hard to get in to all the small spaces without putting paint in the wrong places but I liked the challenge :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment