Thursday, May 2, 2013

Packing horses

One of my least favourite parts of showing is the packing of modelhorses. I'm always scared that I'll pack badly and that one of my horses end up with a break.

I actually don't know why I'm so scared of it since, to this date, the only horse that have ever ended up with a break during my travels was Athame. And still that break was from when the box accidently got dropped. The other two resins and the three custom stablemates in the box all survived without even the slightest scratch. So I can't pack that bad :)

This time it is "only" 30 horses that will be coming with me to the show. At least 32 will come home with me. The two "extras" is my dear Athame (who is restored and will be attending the show this time since she missed out on the last) and a new addition I have yet to see. She's a commission-me piece and I will introduce her after the show. She will also participate in the show.

My 32 horses are dividided as follows in our divisions:
Stockhorse - 3
Other Equine - 0
Foal - 3
Arabian - 3
Warmblood - 5
Drafter - 3
Thoroughbred and Standardbred - 4
European - 2
Other American - 2
Pony - 5
Asian/African/Oceanian - 1
Wild and Crossbred - 1

I'm finally finished packing my horses :D And eventough I'm not doing any performance or anything this time, I still managed to get four boxes...
 


But at least two of them aren't THAT big ;) 30 horses divided on four boxes, or more like 29 in three boxes since the box on top only contains one horse, Helios :P

This is from last November when I went to my last show, less boxes this time but I'm sure my neighbours will wonder anyway ;) I can't wait to jump into the car and take the three hour drive to the show :D But that'll have to wait for tomorrow, and hopefully all my horses will arrive safe and sound this time. Fingers crossed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment