Monday, April 22, 2013

Christmas gifts

Okay, so I might be a little early, planning my Christmas gifts already but when you find the perfect gifts you can't wait.

My three closest friends (let's call them E, M and J) are all horsecrazy but they are not into modelhorses. I got the idea when E and I discussed birthday gifts for M. M is really about caring and helping animals as much as she can. E is all about homemade gifts and J leased a ponymare very similar to the mare on the medallion, and she had some plans to breed her. I love to give personalized gifts so I thought this might be my chance. So why not give them a handpainted TIBBP Medallion?

http://www.resinsbyrandy.com/tibbp/medallion.html
M's medallion:
I haven't quite decided how to paint the mare and foal of M's medallion. She has three horses I could choose to portrait and that makes it harder. I thought about portraying her pony on the foal and her current horse as the mare. I thought about making a portrait of her former horse (who sadly had to be put down due to severe osteoarthritis) on the Dreamer medallion by Rebecca Turner for her 22 birthday next January. But we will see.

E's medallion:
The mare on E's medallion will be painted after the fleabitten grey arabian she leased and competed with and the foal will be painted after the darkbay colt she trained at our school.

J's medallion:
The mare will be painted as a portrait of the bay pony mare she leased (and dearly miss) and the foal will either be the bay likeness of her mother J wanted or the chestnut with blaze who we all joked she would get if she bred her.

Oh, I can't wait to start painting! :D
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment