Thursday, February 9, 2017

Grail!

Back in 2003, before I had even found the hobby, Breyer released the first model on a new mold.

I found the hobby about a year later and instantly fell in love with that model when I found her in a year old Breyer catalouge. Unfortunately the model wasn't produced anymore as she was a limited edition of 10.000 models. I had yet to find the second hand market so it took me a few years to get a hold of any models on that mold.

Breezing Shadow (Appaloosa Sport Horse Mare OF), Anything But Mine (Strapless OF), Imperia (Sidesaddle Strapless OF), Destiny (Headley Britannia OF)
I love the few models I managed to gather on the mold but in 2009 Breyer released a new model on the mold though Pottery Barn. It was a model with a loose mane and tail instead of the braided that the original mold had. She was, to me, the most beautiful of the releases to this date, she was the 2009 Pottery Barn Strapless in a gorgeous bay. 



I missed out on the release and tried to find her on the second hand market without much luck. And I have been looking for her since. She became my grail when I realized just how hard she was gonna be to get for me.



I have been searching for her ever since she was released, but the few times I've seen her offered for sale, I've either been low on money, too slow to actually buy her or she's been shelf quality only. The last 2 years I've had some luck in finding the model for sale and on three different occasions, contacted 2 different sellers inquiring about the model. At all three times we've talked and they've agreed to sell her to me, asked for my address to give me a total to pay but never gotten back to me with a total. I tried emailing them, even from different email addresses but still, never heard back. I was quite bummed by this.



Last week however I found an ebay auction of the model and emailed the seller. She would gladly ship international and provided me with extra pictures and description of the model when I asked. I didn't want to risk missing out on the auction so I went for the reasonable buy-it-now option. I payed the day after and the seller must've shipped her that same day as she arrived at the beginning of the week. Barely a week after I payed!


I'm so happy to have her in my collection and can't wait to get her out in photo- and liveshows. She will be shown as a Swedish Warmblood Mare named When I Hear Your Voice.

Breezing Shadow, Anything But Mine, When I Hear Your Voice, Imperia and Destiny.

Of course I had to have an updated conga picture!

2 comments:

  1. I love that model too. I think I have 3 of them but I think that the loose mane one is now my holy grail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely model! Which ones do you have?

      Delete