Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Show report part 1 Plastic OF and CM

Last Saturday I attended a liveshow an hour drive from home. The show was divided into three divisions; Plastic OF and CM, Resin and others and Mini Plastic. It also had 5 smaller divisions were we where allowed to have 5 entries per owner. The smaller divisions were; Performance, Clinkies (they were also allowed to show in the resin and others division), Novice, Customs by owner and Fantasy/Decorators. I had approximately 45 models to show in these divisions and a few more to show in the smaller divisions.

I had a great time and got lots of inspiration and as ususal there were so many beautiful horses that I wouldn't mind bringing home with me.

I will divide the show report into 3 blog posts and then I'll give you one with pictures on some of my favourites :)

This post will cover the Plastic OF and CM division.

The first Championship was for the foals. I had two foals to show, Black Pepper (Tr. Zenyatta's First Colt OF) and R. Peppermint (PS Weanling rr S. Nordström). Black Pepper took second in his class. R. Peppermint took third out of three in her class. I had higher hopes for her but it was a tough class so it's okey.

Apparently, when it came to the Champion titles thoroughbreds were the thing. The Champion Foal was the winner of the thoroughbred and the reserve was the one who placed second in the same class.

Champion Foal: Damn Devil, Tr. Zenyatta's First Colt OF
Champion Foal Reserve: Sun's Oops, Cl. WB Foal CM Julie Brooks
Next up where arabians. It was quite competitive classes but my two arabian mare Shaniqua (Cl. Arabian Mare OF) and Farasha (Tr. Weathergirl Thunderstorm OF) both made me proud and took first in their respective classes. They went on to the voting for the champion titles but lost out to two worthy winners. A Beautiful repainted Huckleberry Bey and an older Proud Arabian Mare CM to a stallion. Karim Shaabab and Walad competed in the same class and took first and second in it before taking the champion titles.

Champion Arabian: Karim Shaabab, Tr. Huckleberry Bey rep. C. Boydston
Champion Arabian Reserve: Walad, Tr. Proud Arabian Mare CM S. Nordström

After arabians we went on to the Asian/African and Oceanian championship. It was a small championship with only two classes. The first class was won by my own Ancient Gold (Tr. Akhal-Teke OF) and the other class was won by a really cool Breyer Marwari cm to a akhal-teke mare. Second in that class was a Tr. Lonesome Glory cm to a akhal teke stallion. Those two also claimed the championship titles.

Champion Asian/African/Oceanian: Ölandstoken Fire and Smoke, Tr. Marwari CM S. Nordström
Champion Asian/African/Oceanian Reserve: Vlasii J, Tr. Lonesome Glory CM S. Nordström

The American championship was another small one, with only one class this time. The winner of the class and also the Champion was a Tr. ASB rep. by Deb Brown. He had such a nice colour so he really deserved it. Second place in the class and Champion Reserve was a Sm. ASB rep. by Heather Bullach. I've seen her before and she is also really nice. My own Lotus (Tr. Harmonie Tuigpaard OF) took fifth out of six.

Champion American: Galactic Power, Tr. ASB rep. D. Brown
Champion American Reserve: Silver Cloud, Sm. G2 ASB rep. H Bullach
The stockhorses had their own championship and eventhough I'm not really a stockhorse person there were a lot of really nice models I could've brought home with me. My own two horses, Illusions Fade Away (Tr. Treasured Moves OF) and Chocolate (Tr. Impress Me Shannon OF) took first and second in their respective classes. The winners of this Championship was an appaloosa and a paint, both cm by Sophie Nordström. I especially liked R. Go For The Blues, the paint stallion.

Champion Stockhorse: Ester, Tr. Lady Phase rh S. Nordström
Champion Stockhorse Reserve:  R. Go For The Blues, PS Ideal Stock Horse CM S. Nordström

After stockhorses, came my favourite championship; Sporthorses. I had a total of 7 horses to show in this championship. My two thoroughbreds, Sunny Side N (Tr. Seattle Slew OF) and Nimble's Last Thief (Tr. Zenyatta OF) both took fourth out of five in their respective classes. My warmblood stallions Lord (Tr. Keltic Salinero OF) and Phoenix (Tr. Mistral Hojris OF) showed in the same class and took third and fourth out of six. The one that won the class really caught my eye. I thought he had such a nice look to him. I obviously wasn't the only one who felt that way since he went on to claim the champion title with a beautiful cm ruffian as reserve.

I also showed three warmblood mares, all in the same class, and they claimed second, fourth and fifth place.

Champion Sporthorse: Atlas VS, Tr. Idocus/Salinero CM S. Nordström
Champion Sporthorse Reserve: Sun's Alaskan Sunrise, Tr. Ruffian rh S. Nordström
The European division was, as usual, very diverse with many different breeds. My White Phantom (Tr. Templado OF) took fourth in his class and Bocelli (Tr. Tregoyd Journeyman OF) took first in his class. The winner of the P.R.E class took the champion title and the reserve title went to a really nice Icelandic stallion.

Champion European: Mercurio, Tr. Man O' War CM P. Nilsson
Champion European Reserve: Hrafn Fra Soleyjar, Safari Icelandic Horse rep. C. Brennholt
Drafthorses was quite a big championship but I only had one horse to show. Fallen Warrior (Tr. Foxvalley Oliver OF) took second in his class. There where lots of good drafters shown but the winners were very worthy.

Champion Drafter: Jorid, Safari Tinker rep. M. Pyy
Champion Drafter Reserve: Duke Warsteiner, PS Trotting Drafter CM S. Nordström
The pony championship is always a fun championship to see. I love fluffy ponies :) Non-fluffy too, it's just something special with that pony charm. My PS Shoal OF, Remembrance, took first in his class and went on to the championship voting. He didn't claim any title but I'm still proud of him. The champion title went to a really cute connemara and reserve to a tiny, fluffy shetland pony.

Champion Pony: Crownhill Malackey, Tr. Pony of America CM P. Nilsson
Champion Pony Reserve: Fiddeli J, Britains CM S. Nordström
The Wildhorses/Crossbreds championship was another one class championship. My own Acuatico took fourth in the class. The winner of the class, and champion, was a pintabian and the second place and reserve title went to an arabian crossbred.

Champion Wild/Crossbreds: Check Mate, Tr. TS Black Tie Affair OF
Champion Wild/Crossbreds Reserve: Baheera, Tr. Karma Gypsy OF
The last championship of this division was the other Equus. Both mules, donkeys and quaggas were shown. And, as usual, I had no horses to show. But I really enjoy the championship anyway. This time it was the donkeys that caught my eye and I really hoped they'd do well. And they did! The champion title went to a sweet donkey and the reserve title went to a mule.

Champion Other Equus: Persica, Schleich Donkey rep. S. Nordström
Champion Other Equus Reserve: Molly, PS Chips Parshall OF
Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the Best in Show and Best in Show Reserve for this division but the Best In Show went to Crownhill Malackey, the connemara pony, and the Best in Show Reserve went to Ester, the appaloosa mare.

I did however get pictures of the Grand Best in Show and Reserve of the entire show but you'll have to wait for them until the next part of the show report.

No comments:

Post a Comment