Wednesday, March 20, 2013

2012 Review

Just a little more then 3 months late... I blame my camera which is a master in hide and seek.

2012 hasn't been a great year for me, model horse-wise, that is. But I've still managed to get some very appreciated additions to the collection.

First out were two OF models who arrived together from a fellow Swedish collector.

D'Artagnan:

Who is still unshown since I'm not sure what breed to assign him. Thinking that Azteca might work or perhaps Mangalarga Paulista. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

Arriving at the same time was

Azrafel Ibn Shai:

Azrafel is an arabian stallion. He came with me to the only liveshow I went to. Unfortunately it wasn't his day and he placed last in his class.

Next horse was a bit of an impulse buy. A fellow hobbyist tried to downsize her herd and published photos of her collection to see if anyone was interested in a particular horse. I looked at the pictures, knowing that she had a lot of beautiful horses but didn't expect to buy anything. Until I saw a picture of her Kitty Didit resin. I came in contact with that model at a liveshow in 2007, I believe, and fell in love. I sent her an e-mail with an offer and she accepted :D I was so happy, and I still am.

Lost All Hope:

She is shown as a thoroughbred mare and was, by her previous owner as well. She won her class at the first liveshow I took her to and went on to claim the Champion reserve title in her breed division.

After Hope I was offered to buy an Eberl Caitano painted to a lovely bay. I have been a fan of Eberls models since I saw one for the first time so I couldn't pass this one (I mean Eberl model, warmblood, painted in a beautiful colour by one of my favourite artists. Hard to resist).
Chester VS:

Chester is shown as a Swedish Warmblood and came with me to his first (under my ownership) liveshow, winning his class and crowned Champion reserve in his breed division.

Last horse is Chance, a Breyer sm. G2 Scrambling foal rr Therese Wolmer. Chance was gifted to me by a fellow hobbyist. I already own two of Therese Wolmer foal customs and Chance was the one missing from the trio.

Chance:
She almost looks black in this picture but she's actually a dark bay.

So in total I received 5 new horses this year, not counting the ones I won at the show.
Two resins
Two OF
One Custom

No comments:

Post a Comment