Monday, July 27, 2020

70th Anniversary Stablemates

There is something about blind bags. I love the excitement of opening up a bag and not knowing what I will find inside, I love to feel up the bags, trying to guess what's inside and then opening to see if I was right or wrong. So when Breyer announced the new 70th Anniversary stablemates blind bags I was intrigued. I love the thought of the shrunken traditional molds and I really wanted to paint several of them! So I decided to buy an entire box.


I have learnt that there are several different way this boxes could come packed and I think I got the ultimate box layout with three of each model.

In these boxes there are 8 different molds.

Pictured below are the Missouri Fox Trotter, the Smart Chic Olena mold, the Fell pony mold and the Indian Pony mold. 


Pictured below is the Croi (Connemara Mare) mold, the rearing stallion mold, the clydesdale stallion mold and the gypsy vanner mold.


I kept two of each for repaints, except for the gypsy vanner (I only kept one of those) and the Clydesdale stallion (I kept all three of those, hoped to keep one OF but they had paint flaws so all will be repainted).

The only one I liked enough to keep OF was the rearing stallion. I did keep the other two for repaints. Picture of the guy I kept below.


Most of the molds, I have never been a fan of in traditional scale but for some reason I really, really like them in stablemate scale. I can't wait 'til I have the time and inspiration to paint these!

No comments:

Post a Comment