Sunday, February 5, 2017

NaMoPaiMo Progress - Basecoat

On Thursday I worked the late shift so I took the liberty of spending my morning on my NaMoPaiMo model. I plan to give him a basecoat in acrylics and then build up the colour with pastels. I usually try to find the lightest colour on my reference photo and mix colours to get a shade lighter than that to basecoat my model in. For this model I mixed white, yellow ochre, raw sienna and a few drops of water to thin the paint.

I painted one layer:



Let it dry, and painted another layer:



Third layer:




Fourth and final layer:




After the colour had dried I realized that it is a bit too dark to start with for my reference so I need to lighten it up a tiny bit, I'm not yet sure if I'll do it with acrylics or pastels but I'm confident I'll make it work either way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment