Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sarah and Dino

I love to collect model horses but I also love to collect other model animals, especially dogs and cats. The latest addition to my collection are not horses, but dogs :)


I bought them from a Swedish sculptor, her facebook page can be found here. The one on the left is a standing labrador female (Sarah) and the one on the right is a playing/running rottweiler male (Kandinsky Dino).


They both came with a little "COA" in their bags. And the sculptor kindly filled in the pinholes for me (that's why there are dark grey areas on the white resin). Thanks to that there is less prepping work for me to do :) I'm not an experienced prepper so I'm glad it's only sanding and smoothing out seams left to do, before priming, as that is something I've done before and knows how to do :)


The sculptor has already started sculpting puppies for Sarah and whenever they will be ready I definately want them!

Pardon the unusual way to get him to stand but I wanted to show him as he is supposed to be seen :)
Dino's pose places him in the position that he will need a base or perhaps an acrylic rod to make him stand. I haven't figured out how or what I'll do for him but I'll find a solution.


Doesn't they look pretty together? I can't wait to get a new can of primer and sealer so I can get started on painting these beauties.

I haven't decided on a colour for Sarah yet but since I plan to show her as a purebred Labrador I can make her yellow, chocolate or black. I LOVE black labradors and I'm not a huge fan of the yellow ones (they are beautiful but I just love the dark ones) so right now it leans towards black or maybe chocolate.

Dino will be a portrait of Hjalmar, our late rottweiler/labrador/mastiff male.



I'll probably give him a ball (or two) to have in his mouth (probably something like a deflated football as that is was Hjalmar usually had). He loved to play with his deflated balls and always tried to have as many in his mouth as possible.


And one last picture just to show the size in comparison to a Breyer model.


No comments:

Post a Comment