Thursday, August 2, 2018

Show Report Part 4: Bantam/MicroMini, Original Finish, Vattenpasset

Another one of the shows I was really looking forward to was the Bantam/Micro Mini show as I have a couple of Micros that I love to show and it feels more equal for them to show against other Micros.
It's also fun because there are several micro mini collectors around the area of the show and therefore more awesome minis! 4 classes, resin mares, resin stallion, pewter and others were in the show. I had three horses to show, my favorite of the bunch, Cheyenne (MM Sierra rep. L. Morris) won her class and her baby, Cochise (MM Flicker rep. L. Morris) got second in his class. AR Brigadör (Pewter MM Brigadier rep. A. Gustafsson also got second in his class. I think that is some really great placings! The Best in Show voting was, once again, quite tough but in the end my Cheyenne was voted Best in Show with one of the coolest micros as Reserve. That micro started out as a H0 Railroad Western Horse Knockoff that C. Riley got her hands on and remade! Isn't he awesome!

Best in Show: Cheyenne, MM Sierra rep. L. Morris

Best in Show Reserve: Blue's Gentleman, H0 Railroad Western Horse Knockoff rr. C. Riley
Original Finish Show was divided into two, Plastic and Bendables. As a former OF collector who still occasionally buys an OF or two this is also a show I really like. I showed 7 horses in the Plastic OF show. Vivaldi (Tr. Acadia OF), Ancient Gold (Tr. Akhal-Teke OF), Bocelli (Tr. Tregoyd Journeyman OF) and Sunny Side N (Tr. Seattle Slew OF) showed in the same class and got first, second, fourth and fifth place. My other 3, Gold Rush (Copperfox Sovereign OF), Remembrance (PS Pony Shoal OF) and Elessar (Copperfox Finnegan OF) did really well placing first, second and third in their class.

There were many nice OF models in the show and the callback table was tough and diverse and in the end, the pony who was voted Best in Show Novice in the open halter show went all the way and became Best in Show OF Plastic. My own Vivaldi, managed to become reserve.

Best in Show: Flammarion, Breyer Tr. Connemara OF
Best in Show Reserve: Vivaldi, Breyer Tr. Acadia OF
Like I said the Bendable OF was a separate division and I only had 1 horse showing in that division. Atlas (CollectA Irish Cob OF) took third in his class, which I am very happy with. The Best in Show title was awarded to a really nice OF Zebra mare with one of my favourite CollectA molds as reserve.

Best in Show: Jules, CollectA Grevy Zebra OF
Best in Show Reserve: Staubfinger, CollectA Friesian OF
Vattenpasset is a special show that only allows entry to horses that has a valid Vattenpass-card which they earn for winning champion titles at the Waterfestival Show. I had three horses earning me Vattenpass-cards last year so I entered all of them! There were only 6 horses in the show and it was divided into two classes, mares and stallions. All my three were stallions and therefore showed in the same class. Nahele (RC El Embosco rep. J. Hall), Helios (RC Oliver rep. S. Kern) and Epsilon (NL New Forest OF) all did well placing first, second and third (out of four). In the end Nahele was voted Best in Show before last year's open halter show Best in Show, AR Bellamie.

Best in Show: Nahele, RC El Embosco rep. J. Hall
Best in Show Reserve:
Next post will be the last for this show report and it will cover the workmanship classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment