Friday, August 4, 2017

Safe travels

Recently I started paying of a grail of mine and in a not too distant future he will come live with me. I am absolutely over the moon and can't wait to the day I can look at him in my cabinet.

Anyway, as this model is very special to me I wanted him to be able to travel really safe as I plan on bringing him to as many live shows as I can. I had seen a few ideas and tutorials on different sites and blogs and talked to my boyfriend about them.

So for our three year anniversary as a couple he bought me this:


An aluminium case big enough to house my new addition. We went out and bought some padding (my boyfriend wanted to make sure that I was happy with the choice of padding 😊) and I got to work on the case.

With the help of Leah Koerper's tutorial and Emily Rodgers' tutorial posted on Jennifer Buxton's blog I got to work and started cutting out the shape of the model.


I cut through layer for layer and even though it took quite some time,


I'm rather happy with the results.


I can't wait for my grail to arrive and when he does, I'm ready and he can travel safe with me to shows 😊

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found my tutorial helpful! I have since made many more carry boxes and my models have traveled perfectly in them. It really gives me peace of mind when toting them around to shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it would've been as good if I hadn't found your tutorial! I am definitely thinking of making some more because like you say, it gives a peace of mind knowing they are safe traveling around to shows.

      Delete