Saturday, June 10, 2017

Portrait Project

A few days ago another little project joined my herd. This is one I've been wanting for a while and I was very happy to be able to buy him.


The seller kindly fixed a warped leg for me so it took some time for him to be sent, but I didn't mind as I got him at a good price 😊Unfortunately he managed to break an ear in transit (despite being VERY well packed). Oh well... Fortunately it was a clean break and I found the piece so it'll be fine when I get around to fix it properly.


The model is DaCaprio sculpted by Stacey Tumlinson. and he is a beautiful Warmblood stallion.


Mine already has a colour and name decided for him.


He will be a semi-portrait of a young warmblood stallion I knew years ago.


He'll be painted a dark bay/brown with a star and some white on his legs. And he will be named Donatio after the horse I knew.


I do have plans to paint him myself but at the moment there are a few other horses before him in the line. So at the moment he happily resides in my cabinet like a smaller version of my beloved Lohengrin 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment