Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Story Behind The Model

When I started out in this hobby and joined the Swedish Model Horse Society I saw a picture on the webpage of a North Light New Forest in chestnut and I kind of fell for the mold. A year or so later I saw an ad in the Swedish Model Horse Society's magazine for Epsilon, a grey North Light New Forest. I emailed the owner with a bid on him.


I didn't have much money back then and I would consider the bid a little low but I thought, why not give it a try. I was so excited when the seller accepted the bid. But she had a few conditions. He was not to be used as a body and she wanted me to contact her if I considered selling him. Lastly she wanted his pedigree to come with him.

Best Novice-owned Pony at a live show
These were no hard conditions as I wanted the model to stay that colour and as I was into pedigree assignment I was happy to take his pedigree as well.

Champion Pony at a liveshow
When he arrived I was thrilled! He was even more beautiful than the pictures showed! And he came with his pedigree, show photos, my first ever Swedish Nationals qualification card and a LONG show record! (I believe it was atleast 3 or 4 pages, of small handwriting in a computer-made table). I still have all of his papers in a box where I keep most of my model-related papers.


Epsilon is a joy in my collection and I really like him. He's kept on doing well at shows under my ownership and some older hobbyist here in Sweden actually remembers him from when he was shown by his former owner. This is a model I would have a hard time parting with as there is just something about him that is so loveable! Even my mother (who usually don't like greys (model or real)) likes this guy!

2 comments:

  1. Aw I like how he has so much history. He's a very handsome horse :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he is really dear to me and the history really adds to it :)

      Delete